There are three steps which should help you find the information you need.

Note that if you are a university student you may be able to get advice on benefit entitlement from your university. Anglia Ruskin students can contact the Student Money Advice Service and Cambridge University students can contact the Student Advice Service

First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below.  

Recent changes to benefits and tax credits

Eligibility for benefits

Issues with benefits

Support for housing costs

  • Where can I find out about help with rent? I live in Cambridge City. 
  • Where can I find out about help with council tax? I live in Cambridge City.


Each question links to an external site, which may be able to answer your question. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader opens in a new window

Go to next step if you need more advice