Domestic abuse

Coronavirus - COVID-19

Coronavirus updates - Domestic Abuse

If you believe you are being abused, there are many different organisations that can help you. Citizens Advice England has a support page Domestic Violence and Abuse - getting help with information for both women and men.

If you suspect that your neighbour or anyone in your community are victims of domestic abuse, we encourage you to report it to the police.

The Government acknowledges that the order to stay at home during the Coronavirus outbreak can cause anxiety for those who are experiencing or feel at risk of domestic abuse. Please go to the Government website Domestic abuse: how to get help for information from the Home Office about the support available to you.

Cover your tracks online

Women's Aid provide guidance on how to cover your tracks online if you are worried about someone knowing you have visited a website.

Information from Cambridgeshire County Council website

Cambridgeshire County Council have included the following contact details that anyone experiencing domestic abuse can use:

If you or someone else is in immediate danger, please call 999 and ask for the Police.

CourtNav - applying for a protective court order

The Royal Courts of Justice (RCJ) Advice has launched a new digital service for people affected by domestic violence and abuse called CourtNav. This digital tool has been developed to help you put together an application for an injunction (a protective court order). You can register on CourtNav to apply for either a Non-Molestation order, an Occupation Order or both. You can access this online tool 24 hours a day.

Finding Legal Options for Women Survivors (FLOWS)

FLOWS is a legal support service, designed to help protect women against domestic abuse. A team of experts from the Family Team of the Royal Courts of Justice (RCJ) Advice, are working in partnership with Rights of Women. The website address is

FLOWS Self-Referral

If you have been experiencing domestic abuse of any kind, they can help you access legal options to keep you safe. They can also help you find other specialist support.

You will need to send them your details securely via a confidential online form. They will contact you within one working day. Link to the Self-Referral Form.