You might be able get help from a food bank. Foodbanks usually work using a voucher referral system. We can do text-only referrals which do not involve us having to print a paper voucher.
If you need a Foodbank Voucher, you should:
- Call us on our Cambridge Adviceline. The phone number is 0344 848 7979 or
- Email us via Email for Advice.
You can find more information about using a food bank on the Citizens Advice England website.
The Cambridge Sustainable Food Covid-19 Alliance page has details of Community Food Hubs (providing free food to those in need), Food Banks, other food provision services and resources available in Cambridge during Covid-19. You can complete a Covid-19 Assitance form online.
Go to the Gov.uk website for information about Coronavirus (COVID-19): free school meals guidance for schools.
The Foodbanks will continue to provide food for those in financial hardship but, if people have enough money and are self-isolating, they cannot provide food. Procedures at the centres will be changed to minimise personal contact. This means they will be unable to offer the usual hospitality (tea, coffee etc.). Changes are intended to enable them to provide a service throughout the coming weeks and months. There is no need to come at the beginning of the sessions or to worry about them running out.
Latest News: Chesterton Methodist Church distribution centre will re-open from 29 April. This will be on Wednesdays between 10 -12 rather than Tuesday as before.
Revised opening times
Please read this message if this affects you and your family.
The following Foodbank Centres will be KEPT OPEN:
- St Paul’s Church, Hills Road (Monday & Friday)
- Chesterton Methodist Church (Wednesday) - starting 29th April
- Church of the Good Shepherd Arbury (Thursday)
- Cambourne Old Blue School (Thursday)
- C3 Centre, Coldham’s Lane (Friday)
Find out more on the Cambridge City Foodbank website.
The following centres will CLOSE from Monday 23rd March.
- OLEM Catholic Church (CLOSED)
- Alpha Terrace, Trumpington (CLOSED)
- Waterbeach Baptist (CLOSED)