Emergency Contact Numbers during the Christmas 2020 / New Year 2021 closure
The National Citizens Adviceline - 0800 144 8848 (Free phone) - is available at the following times:
- 24th between 9 - 1pm;
- 25th - 28th closed;
- 29th - 30th between 9 - 5pm;
- 31st between 9 - 1pm.
The National Citizens Adviceline will be closed on 1st January.
Here is a list of other key contact numbers available during the holiday period when Cambridge Citizens Advice is closed. Please check the individual websites for the latest information as details may change.
For normal opening hours visit the Cambridge City Foodbank website.
Their warehouse and distribution centres will be closed on the Christmas and New Year Bank Holidays. Cambourne Distribution Centre will also be closed on Thursday 31st December. Other than that times and locations will be as normal over the Christmas period.
Housing, Rough Sleepers & Single Homeless
The Shelter Get Help telephone number is 0808 8004444, which is available Mon - Fri 8am to 8pm. Go to their Shelter Get Help webpage for detailed information.
Go to the Cambridge City Council website for information about Services for rough sleepers and single homeless people. The Council works with a number of other agencies:
- The Street Outreach team provide support and advice to help those who sleep or spend much of their time on the streets.Tel: 01223 366 292.
- If you're concerned for someone sleeping rough, or are sleeping rough yourself, call Streetlink on 0300 500 0914.
- Jimmy's Cambridge offers short-term, emergency accommodation for men and women who might otherwise have to sleep rough. Tel: 01223 576085 or ring the buzzer at 1 East Road.
- Winter Comfort provides free breakfast, a shower and laundry to those sleeping rough or unsuitably housed. Tel: 01223 518140 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Salvation Army Cambridge email address is email@example.com.