Housing - including Coronavirus (Covid-19) updates

Visit the Government website to find out about the support available for landlords and renters reflecting the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Citizens Advice England also has a section on Housing issues including specific information if you have problems with your rented home.

Q&A session on Housing Q&A run by our specialist adviser, including a client case study.

If you are a Anglia Ruskin or Cambridge University student then support is available from your accommodation service.

Frequently Asked Questions About Housing

There are three steps which should help you find the information you need.

Step 1

First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Private rented tenants and landlords

For a guide to renting privately, please see https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-privately/

Social housing

Home ownership

Finding somewhere to live


Improvements and adaptations


Each question links to an external site, which may be able to answer your question. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader

Step 2

Second, if your question wasn’t one of those in Step 1, please look at these websites. They may be able to answer your question.

  • Citizens Advice - Citizens Advice public website
  • Gov.uk - useful information provided about government services and your rights
  • Advicenow - website providing information on rights and legal issues
  • Shelter - specialist housing helpline available

Each link is to an external site. Some links may open Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader

Step 3

If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, you can now email us via our web based form below.

PLEASE NOTE: We are only funded to help those who live or work in Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire District. If you are not in those areas, we will not be able to help you and you should find your local bureau.

Email for advice

Please give us as much information as possible, so that we may answer your question more quickly. We aim to respond within two working days.

If you do not have email but would like further help, go to Get Advice for other ways to contact us.

  • Help us to help you. Please make a donation