| Debt |
Coronavirus updates - Money Management
Go to Citizens Advice England to check what to do if you can't pay your bills because of Coronavirus. You'll also find a section on the Cambridge City Council website about Coronavirus: Financial support for residents.
Getting the best deals
- I’m not sure I’m receiving the best deal from my energy supplier. What can I do?
- How do I make sure that I get a mobile phone deal that is right for me?
- I am a student, and was wondering what deals I am entitled to?
- I struggle to make sure that I pay for essentials each month. Is there a tool I can use?
- How can I spend less on my weekly food shop?
- What can I quickly stop spending money on in order to save more?
- I am pregnant. How do I work out how much money I will need for the baby?
- Don't know where I stand with my money. How can I run my Money Health Check?
- How can I manage my money better while I am on Universal Credit?
- How can I save some money or get discounts while I am on disability benefits?
Saving/ borrowing money
- How do I choose a savings account?
- I need to borrow some money. How do I go about this?
- What are credit unions and how can they help me save and borrow?
- What is ‘Help to Save’ and who is it for?
- What is the lifetime ISA?
- What are the different types of pension?
- When can I afford to retire?
- I want to cash in my pension pot. What do I need to consider?
- My partner or other family member is trying to control how I access and/or use my money. What can I do?
- What is Council Tax for? How much will I pay and how shall I save for this?
- Will I be affected by Tax Credit cuts?
- How can I complain about a financial product or service?
- How can I make sure that I am spending money safely online?
- How can I sell unwanted items online for extra money?
- How do I make sure that my family is provided for if I die?
If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, you can now email us via our web based form below.
PLEASE NOTE: We are only funded to help those who live or work in Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire District. If you are not in those areas, we will not be able to help you and you should find your local bureau.
Please give us as much information as possible, so that we may answer your question more quickly. We aim to respond within two working days.
If you do not have email but would like further help, go to Get Advice for other ways to contact us.
- Help us to help you. Please make a donation