There are three steps which should help you find the information you need.
First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below.
- What support can I get with childcare in Cambridgeshire?
- Me and my ex-partner have split up, how do I go about making arrangements for our children?
- How can I get my ex-partner to pay for our children?
- How much child maintenance will I get/have to pay?
- How would I adopt a child?
- How do I report child abuse?
- I am separating from my partner/husband, or I need to make child contact arrangements, how do I find out if I’m entitled to free legal advice?
Living together, marriage and civil partnership
- How do I get married?
- How do I ensure that my spouse/fiancé/family member from overseas can stay with me in the UK?
- What are the legal differences between living together and marriage?
- We are a same sex couple and want to get married- can we have more information?
Relationship issues and separation
- My partner and I are experiencing relationship problems but we don’t want to split, where can we get help to stay together?
- How do I end my marriage?
- How do I find a divorce solicitor?
- How do I find the local family mediation service?
- My partner is sometimes abusive, angry or controlling. How can I get help? - Find local advice and help (for people in Cambridge) or general information and support (for anyone in the UK).
- How do I change my name?
- How can I access Adult Social Care?
- A relative needs me to help them manage their affairs, what do I do?
- Someone close to me has died, what do I do?
- How do I make a will?
- Going to the Family Court
Each question links to an external site, which may be able to answer your question. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
Second, if your question wasn’t one of those in Step 1, please look at these websites. They may be able to answer your question.
- Citizens Advice - national Citizens Advice website
- Advicenow - website providing information on rights and legal issues.
- Family Lives - specialist family helpline available
Each link is to an external site. Some links may open Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, you can now email us via our web based form below.
PLEASE NOTE: We are only funded to help those who live or work in Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire District. If you are not in those areas, we will not be able to help you and you should find your local bureau.
Please give us as much information as possible, so that we may answer your question more quickly. We aim to respond within two working days.
If you do not have email but would like further help, go to Get Advice for other ways to contact us.
- Help us to help you. Please make a donation