There are three steps which should help you find the information you need.
First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Issues with pay
- What is the National Living Wageand am I entitled?
- What is the voluntary living wage, and how is it different from the National Living Wage?
- My employer hasn’t paid my wages, what should I do?
- Where can I check that I am paying/ my employer is paying the right tax?
- My employer owes me money, how do I take legal action against them?
- What paid holidays am I entitled to?
Dealing with other problems at work
- Where can I get help with a problem at work?
- How do I raise a grievance at work?
- How do I deal with disciplinary action taken against me at work?
- I think I’m being discriminated against, who can I contact?
- What action must I take before taking a case to Employment Tribunal?
- What is an Employment Tribunal?
- How do I start an Employment Tribunal claim?
Your rights when you lose your job
- I’ve been dismissed and I think it’s unfair, what are my rights?
- I’ve been made redundant, what can I do?
- My employer has gone out of business, what are my rights?
Looking for work
- How do I start my own business?
- I want to become self-employed, where can I find help?
- Do I need a work visa?
- What government schemes exist to help people find work? What government schemes exist to help disabled people to find work and make specialist adaptations to the workplace?
- Where can I find out information on training courses?
- I am disabled and have trouble getting into work. Is there any help available?
- My employer wants to change my contract, what can I do?
- I’m off sick from my work, what are my rights?
- How do I calculate holiday entitlement?
- I’m pregnant, how do I find out what my rights are?
- Can I ask for flexible working hours?
Each question links to an external site, which may be able to answer your question. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
Second, if your question wasn’t one of those in Step 1, please look at these websites. They may be able to answer your question
- Citizens Advice - Citizens Advice public website
- Gov.uk - useful information provided about government services and your rights
- Advicenow - website providing information on rights and legal issues
- ACAS - specialist employment helpline available
Each link is to an external site. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you are still unable to find the answer to your question, you can now email us via our web based form below.
PLEASE NOTE: We are only funded to help those who live or work in Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire District. If you are not in those areas, we will not be able to help you and you should find your local bureau.
Please give us as much information as possible, so that we may answer your question more quickly. We aim to respond within two working days.
If you do not have email but would like further help, go to Get Advice for other ways to contact us.
- Help us to help you. Please make a donation