Job title: Generalist & Outreach Adviser
Salary: £21,322 - £25,481 F/T (37 hours pw)
£21,322 is the trainee rate: limited experienced & not Citizens Advice trained (Reviewed once trained and achieved advice quality standard)
£25,481 is the fully experienced, Citizens Advice trained rate.
Cambridge Citizens Advice have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our advice team, providing telephone, webchat, face to face & video call advice within the working hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday working on-site & remotely.
We are looking for an individual to work on a variety of projects including face to face generalist advice at outreach, providing generalist Webchat, foodbank helpline- which is about answering calls from clients in financial hardship, giving a sympathetic and caring service whilst also assessing each callers level of need to see if they need a voucher, administering a food voucher for them but also establishing why they are in hardship and getting underneath the problem, providing a benefit check and helping to maximise their income.
The successful candidates will provide generalist advice to AQS standard, in a wide range of enquiry areas such as benefits, housing, employment and money advice. Dealing with clients from all walks of life, you will use your exploration skills to help look beyond the presenting issue to look at the client's problems holistically.
We’re not necessarily looking for the finished article (although that is preferable), if you have the right attitude then we can help to develop your skills, but previous experience in advice would be a significant advantage.
Some key phrases that come to mind about the people we are looking for:
- Must have excellent phone skills/manner and/or experience of dealing with the public face to face
- We are looking for self-starters/self-motivated people keen to learn and be part of a busy advice team
- Confident and assured and willing to take responsibility for their own work
- Calm in the face of high demand and demanding callers
- Team player is essential
- Write detailed case notes & able to type up in a timely manner
- Not fazed by Target driven projects
- Able to deliver the high-quality standards of advice required & happy with this being constantly monitored
- Fully confident with IT and keen to learn new packages and solutions to provide efficient and effective services
- Above all Committed to the aims of our organisation and helping people
Full training in the key subject areas will be given if you do not already have a background in areas such as benefits, housing, employment and money advice. A general knowledge around other areas of advice/signposting would be useful
MUST have an understanding of, and a commitment to Citizens Advice aims, principles and equal opportunities.
- 7% pension contribution
- Holiday: 24 days pa plus Bank Holidays. 1 additional day each 12 months. Up to 4 days Christmas closure
- Death in Service insurance
- Variety of learning and development options
- Family Flexible policies including job sharing.
Closing date 5pm Friday 18th June 2021.
Interviews to be held w/c 21st June 2021 via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or in person.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for this job to email@example.com
or call 01223 222660 if you have any questions about this role.
Charity: 1056102 Company: 3191085
Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 617537