Benefit Form Filler
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- complete paper and online benefit application forms with clients, making the best case for a successful outcome.
- write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and listening, interpreting information and summarising
- increase your employability
- be a valued member of the team
- gain in-depth knowledge about specific issues
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
- have a positive impact in your community
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good listening skills
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good maths and IT skills
- be able to understand information and summarise it
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
Ideally we ask for 6 hours per week, which can be over one day or spread over two days, for at least 6 months.
We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org