Adviceline Freephone
0808 278 7808
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm


Do you need help from a solicitor?

If you act quickly, many problems are solved without the need for a solicitor. Not sure what to do? Talk with us first.

If you need to use a solicitor

When you have chosen a solicitor, you will need to make an appointment. Always check for information relating to fees before you make an appointment. Take all relevant documents to the appointment, check this with the solicitor. Prepare a list of questions in advance of any appointment. Take identification with you to any appointment, such as a passport or driving license.

You can check if you are entitled to legal aid to pay for costs on the Government website.

If you are not entitled to legal aid but are a member of a Trade Union, the Union might provide free legal representation for a variety of issues, and not just employment issues. Sometimes you might be paying for insurance for costs with legal help as part of your house insurance deal. Not many people know they are paying for this so it is a good idea to check your contract.

For more information on how and when to use a solicitor, go to the Law Society website.

Please note: All entries in the list are from the Law Society’s official database. The Law Society is the professional association governing and representing solicitors in England and Wales. Cambridge & District Citizens Advice Bureau does not make recommendations for any solicitor firm. The list provided is for information only. Any prices quoted were correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Translate »