In order to provide our services we have to raise nearly £1 million per year.
This investment saves public services nearly £8 million* per year through:
- Reducing expenditure on benefits.
- Reducing demands for NHS services.
- Reducing the cost of homelessness.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of our clients.
- Improving the productivity of our clients.*
And benefits clients to the tune of nearly £9 million through increased Benefits/Tax Credits, reduced debts and consumer redress.*
*This has been calculated using the “New Economy” cost benefit analysis guidance tool approved by HM Treasury economists.
Enquiry areas we helped people with in 2016/17 by percentage
In 2016/17, we helped solve 27,894 issues.
- 57% of people we help are women.
- 34% of people we help have a disability or long-term illness.
- 67% of people said their problems have been sorted out following a visit at CAB.